Friday 4 June 2021

A Poor Man's Fleet: A Billion Suns pt. 4

That moment when creating something when you finish it is quite special. Today marks the end of the beginning - my three junk built, prototype, experimental spacecraft are complete. They are not combat ships. I do not want to have to handwave a bunch of in-universe lore as to why combat ships are not the same. Now I know that wouldn't be too difficult, thinking back to tank development and probably ship development, where new technologies and streamlining of things mean each has potential to be different and older models need to be sent back for refit. But I just want to buy miniatures and paint them, then fight them.
 


Here we have the transport ship with a full load. It turns out weathering spaceships is difficult. I mean scorch marks around the engine is easy. But rust? Dust? In space? Not sure. I went for it anyway.


I really want them to look beaten up. My flight stands aren't all that bad either. In total each ship has cost me pennies in terms of materials. 




The same class of freighter but unloaded. I really love this.



I went a bit too heavy with the drybrushing here. This is my least favourite ship, but it is still fine. I am just happy to have them done. Now to start sourcing up some money in order to buy some fleets.

No comments:

Post a Comment