Sunday 30 July 2023

July - Boardgame Night

 I made it out to the Boardgame Lounge the other night. I sat with a couple of people and got playing. The first thing we did was play L.L.A.M.A. which is a hilarious little game.

We also played Lucky Numbers which I really enjoyed. The point is to get rows and columns of ascending numbers. Simple, quick, but fun. Not fluff, no faff. A game after my own heart. 


Cubitos was an interesting game. It consists of rolling dice to create resources in order to buy further dice. The dice provide abilities that help your character move further in order to cross the finish line first/furthest. The entire thing was hilariously fun. It gave me flashbacks of Marvel Dice Masters, drawing, rolling, actions. There is a push your luck element, which screwed me at the very end, but there are also interesting catch up mechanisms. I liked it, it was fun, but losing on my final turn due to pushing my luck too far left a bad taste in my mouth.



Flamme Rouge is a cycling game. A race using cards with numbers on them for movement. But you need to judge correctly. If you speed out too fast, then you are penalised - the cyclists at the front have to draw a 2 movement penalty card that goes into their deck. It combines a bit of deck drawing and planning, which I like. Thoroughly enjoyed it to be honest. Coming second helped. 



I also played Zombie Dice - fun for a few minutes to fill the gap between games.

No comments:

Post a Comment