Thursday, 21 February 2013

The Japanese are coming!

After um-ing and ah-ing for weeks about what sort of flock I should use to base my Japanese Infantry, today I gave up. I decided to just dry-brush their bases with a sand colour and have the bases looking like wet, muddy ground. I may add pools of water to some of them in the future. This has, however, put them on my list of projects I can consider complete, and has allowed me to show them off here, as well as my Chi Ha, that has been sitting around waiting to be blogged about for months.

The Airfix Chi Ha was a lovely build. So much so, that I went out and bought another before even completing this one. I haven't started it yet though... I enjoyed the amount of colours I got to use in the camouflage. Unfortunately some Quickshade pooled at the bottom of the flag. But otherwise, I am pleased with my command group.

Here they are in all their glory. I think I have another NCO and an officer not pictured, and some other, unpainted men, whose pose I hate. They will remain unpainted too. But I think I will get good use out of these guys once I have my US Marines painted up and ready.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely work! I'm very impressed with the shading on the chaps and the flag is outstanding.