Wednesday 15 February 2023

Paizo Goblins - definitely NOT Kobolds.

 It turns out a Kobold is a skinny lizardy humanoid. I had it in my head, maybe thanks to these miniatures, that they are little comical mini-goblins. These miniatures are the official Paizo (Pathfinder RPG) goblins. I thought they were just random Reaper Bones miniatures. 


These guys have been sitting around for a while. My issue is, I am used to painting 6mm figures, where you need the following: skin, max 2 colours of clothes (one if it is body armour), 1 colour for belts if you feel like it, a weapon, maybe hair. With 28mm I find you need so many different things that I get painting paralysis. 


Take this guy for example: steel for weapons and some bits of armour, orange skin, bone for teeth and skull, wood, leather, tongue,  a couple for clothes. It is just so many colours, and in such small amounts that I can't be bothered half the time.


This one is my favourite. I love the expression, the covered eye. In weapons terms - the point is better than the edge. I like the poked out tongue. The only thing I haven't done is eyes.




I went for green skin for the archer. No real reason other than that I was sick of painting green skinned things - orcs and some goblins. 



Unsure about this guy. I felt like his head was a skull, but his fingers looked finger-like enough. Leather gauntlets...problem solved. Armour was this annoying bronze colour that didn't paint properly and ended up being sticky. I can still tell it is a bit off. I am tempted to go back to him and rust up his armour a little bit. The liklihood though, is that he will stay in my carry case for ages now, until I play a game of Song of Blades and Heroes. Or one day fulfil my dream of being in an RPG group.


1 comment:

  1. Nice.
    Though they are ugly so and so's.
    I am also not sure about what I will think when I get around to painting 28mm figures.
    So much surface.

    ReplyDelete