Sunday 17 December 2023

December Game Night

 Two days ago I managed to get to games night, I also went in November. It was nice to get out twice in a row and solidify some relationships. On Friday night I arrived just late enough to have to wait for another person to arrive - who ended up being the last guy to get there. It was a night of two player games - which means I couldn't play any of the games I brought. Classic.

I was handed Cartographers to entertain myself until someone arrived. Part way through reading the rules the other guy arrived and taught me how to play. This game was a blast. I have been curious about it for a while now, after spotting it in the raffle. It has gone straight on the to-buy list. It is fun, light, and creative. I love creating maps, and while this is less about creating a real map, and feels a bit like Tetris at times, I enjoyed it emensely. I think I can play this with the children.


Next up was Set - it was nice to get a game of that in with someone who could play as quickly I can, not just the children.

Then it was Cascadia. I have been curious about this game for a while also, since it came up on an Actualol video. Pictures are constantly being posted on the BGG Facebook page asking about scoring. I enjoy tile-placing games as it is, and apparently I love wildlife themed games (see Wingspan). There was just something satisfying about trying to place pairs of bears, and making sure my eagles/hawks were placed appropriately far apart from each other. This is on my to-buy list also. I think I will start putting some cash aside from now until UK Games Expo. I hope to pick them up in the Bring and Buy if possible.



I also ended up playing Citadels again. This was nice. It always feels good to get one of my own games played...even if I lose every time.


This really fired me up to play more games. With the Christmas break here I intend to get playing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment