Thursday 2 May 2013

1000 views and some buildings.

I wasn't sure what I was expecting when making this blog. I am surprised I even have this many views. I guess it is here to try and gauge how much I improve at building things. I think I am going to start posting more WIPs with the intention of getting help and tips. I also hope to post more after action reports, but that will require my schedule to become more stable so I can become a regular at a gaming group.

As a celebration of my views, I present two buildings I consider finished enough to post. It was actually while painting these that I decided to try out acrylics. The black base coat is watered down Vallejo black. I then dry-brushed the other colours on. The first building is a Wills barn. I think it is generic enough to fit onto any battlefield. The roof lifts off, and is strengthened by plasticard supports.


This is the famous Dapol church. I am pretty sure I got this for Christmas on the same year my Dad built us a model railway. I'm not sure if I ever made it properly. At some point I cut the roof and back wall up to make it a ruin for wargames. Since then it has sat in a box, unpainted for over ten years. I finally got my act together and painted it up. I am pretty happy with the result. It will serve well in my village.

1 comment: