These roads are stolen from the 6mm wargaming and terrain group on Facebook.
1. Brown felt, cut roughly into strips. I didn't bother measuring. Will I live to regret this?
2. A dry brush with a generic light colour that I got from The Works for 99p. It has a shiny finish but I don't use it ever without washes. And dry brushed onto felt it seems to ignore the shine.
3. PVA glue squeezed directly onto the edges of the road. I did one road section at a time.
4. Use a cheap brush to spread the glue to the edges.
5. Pour flock over each edge. Tap the middle of the roads to shake flock off.
6. Probably seal at some point?
In all this lot took me about 20 minutes to make.