Wednesday 29 July 2020

WIP Spacecraft junk bashing

This week I have been working on some junk builds. 

Inspired by this Clash on the Fringe battle by Alexander Wasberg, essentially the blog that convinced me to get into 6mm sci fi wargaming, I finally got around to working on my deodorant space craft. 

The hull of this ship was used four years ago on my first attempt, but I gave up. I used green stuff to attach everything but it all fell off. This time round I just used my regular old household drill to make holes, then used kebab skewers to attach the engines.

The undercarriage is three of those things that you nail into the skirting board to keep the phone wire out of the way. I immediately hated them, but don't want to change them yet. If I am going to be honest, I don't like this space craft at all. The best part is a mini-gun on the underside. 

This is my old, forgotten/poorly maintained landing pad. It is a CD, with part of a mat attached. The mat is one of those things you put under your plate when you are having a fancy dinner party. I bought two of them in France last year thinking they might be cheaper and nicer than granny grate for flooring. Base is a CD. Texture is the Vallejo earth texture. Primed black, then drybrushed a bunch of colours to make it look dirty as you like.

Here it is in action with Deodorant Space Ship 2.0. I have left the kebab skewer in for easy painting. I also glued little squares of paper on to replicate a Star Wars-esque texture. Grey paint from an old box of paints. It has a number 64 on it but I have no idea of make. The washed in Nuln Oil. More work to be done, but it looks much better this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment