Thursday 21 April 2022

A Poor Man's A Billion Suns - Clothes Peg Fleets.

Over on the Book of Faces I have curated my feed to consist almost entirely of hobby related groups, and a few friends who come out with regularly amusing things. I am a member of the Super Cheap Wargaming group, and over the past month or so there has been an explosion of people making space ships out of clothes pegs. They started out simple and became increasingly intricate and complex as the month has gone on. The entire time I bemoaned not having clothes pegs. I think I have some at work, but am on Easter break. So I went looking for them in shops. Tesco had this set, The Range had nothing normal, but did have a set of 200 mini pegs, useful for corvettes, Amazon has loads, but I wanted to hold off. 

The Tesco pegs are the most boring, vanilla shape you can get, but will be fine to experiment with. 


 Here are my first four attempts. The double purple on top is the size of two other experiments unpictured. I am not sure I like the double purple together. I will paint these over the weekend and see what happens. The flight stands are of course my nails, with magnets on top, but the ships are quite top heavy - I might need to rethink my bases and have longer ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment