Friday 15 March 2013

Firefly (Not the Joss Whedon show)

I know, I know, you all thought I would be blogging about Mal Reynolds and the "special hell," but it is just boring old models this time. Sorry to disappoint. I finished the Revell firefly a few weeks ago and have only now gotten round to putting it up here. It is a very simple kit, and the broken bridge section you get with it is actually one of the more useful bits of scenery you get with the former Matchbox kits. I haven't painted my one yet though, I probably should.


So here she is in all her glory. In an effort to try and make each of my vehicles a bit unique, I added some extra armour to the sides and in front of the hull crew hatches. I also followed photos on the internet in an effort to hide the length of the gun. Apparently this was common practice to trick the Germans into thinking it was a normal sherman until too late (citation needed). The commander is probably from a Quad and 25pdr kit, or is a former jeep driver. Who knows? I remember the days when we would buy Airfix kits, and in each box you got a form to send off in case you lost a part. We were very careless and often lost the crews of our cannons, and drivers of vehicles... Airfix were very obliging in sending us new ones, and hey presto, extra crew!


No comments:

Post a Comment