Thursday 28 May 2020

Wehrmacht Reinforcements - Big Cats (but actually a bit tiny)

I am glad to finally be able to get these off the bench (out of the Ferrero Rocher box more like) and table top ready. It will be nice to see how unstoppable/disappointing the Tiger II will be. I also cannot wait to use the Panthers. Back in my youth, my older brother had a Panther, and then my younger brother butchered one right before we sort of all gave up on the hobby. I restored it here, but it has sat in storage ever since. 

Panther platoon. Useful I guess from Kursk onwards. 


The Tiger II. I might look into brass gun barrels at some point. But for now it works. In Battlegroup Overlord I will only be able to field one of these in any game, so I am happy with just one. I can't remember about Fall of the Reich.


I built the old Matchbox Panzerjäger IV probably almost 20 years ago now. I loved it. This will be a nasty surprise to any allied attackers. Much like the Tiger II, I think I can only field one of these at a time. At least in Normandy.


The Matchbox Puma was one of my first vehicle kits. I remember it lovingly. I wanted one in 6mm.


Another StuG III battery. Looking forward to these StuGs perhaps not dying.

I can't remember if I previously mentioned, but when I ordered these German vehicles, I also ordered a pack of US infantry and a pack of German infantry, both of which had gone missing. I found them on the weekend and have smashed out a platoon-ish of Germans. There are no MG34 of MG42 teams, because I have enough of them, I think.
Command stands. I can use these as FHQs or as a normal Platoon command stand perhaps. But now I have the figures, I intend to use them.


German medium and light mortars. I put a mortar in an army list, but then realised I didn't have one, so had to put something else in.
Squads. Four squads of five, are the most part of a platoon then, minus the MGs. Plus extra stands for casualties.

And on the allied side: my other 57mm ATG and two light mortar teams, should I wish to put one on the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment