Saturday 25 March 2017

The ides of March

With March coming to an end I wanted to update on things going on here. There is very little movement on the hobby front. It turns out having two children and a full on job really cuts out any hobby time. I find myself looking forward to relaxing in front of the TV for half an hour a day or so.

I have, on weekends, been managing to play X-Com, Enemy Unknown in the evenings. This has been a huge amount of fun, and is a game I will strongly recommend. It has elements of role playing in that the soldiers grow and I become connected to them. It also has a very strong squad skirmish game, which is amazing. There are also mods that allow for even more customization.

I hope all is well with you out there.

2 comments:

  1. XCOM is quite excellent.
    Do you have the Enemy Within expansion? It adds quite a bit more stuff to the already excellent game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have Enemy Within. I haven't played it yet though. I planned on completing the original and then doing an enemy within campaign. I was then content plating doing a Long War campaign with the conversion mod.

      Delete