Saturday 8 August 2020

Iliada Game Studio order

I have been following Iliada Game Studios for a few years now, and one of my only regrets regarding my science fiction gaming is that I never ordered some of his original Mars miniatures, before he pioneered MDF miniatures. I don't know why I never pulled the trigger. For a while now I have been impressed with the laser-cut buildings, and now the Afterwinds setting. So, with birthday money in hand, I went online and put a tentative order in, expecting to be happy.

I was not disappointed.
I was unsure about the size of these, but they are cool. Annoyingly I tried straightening out a gun and snapped it. But I will just have a long barreled and short barreled gun.
This is how I expected it to be. Normal feeling MDF. I love the aesthetic, and am excited about having some oil drilling settlements.
I bought some doors and fans to add to buildings. I wanted the wind-turbine thing, and I wanted to try out a satellite uplink. They are so unbelievably thin. They terrify me!! However, online they look absolutely gorgeous. I might need to just think about how I store things now.

 This is the pack of "Mediterranean buildings". They will look good dotted around my galaxy. Again, very thin. But they look durable enough when built.

Ali kept me updated, and shipping was fast. It cost $15 to ship, which felt steep, but I didn't experiment to see when that $15 ticked higher. It might be more cost effective in the long run if I do larger orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment