Thursday 3 June 2021

A Poor Man's Fleet: A Billion Suns pt. 3

 Progress has been made on this project. Firstly my internal maths keeps telling me that if I spend x on this bit of junk with which to build a spaceship, and y with which to build flight stands, then I may as well just fork out the cash on buying a Brigade Models fleet or two. 

The second progress is actually flight stands. I have a large box of assorted MDF bases and a stash of nails. I hammered a nail into a base to see what would happen and it sticks pretty well. 

The third part of progress was the arrival of these tiny little magnets. They stick nicely to the nail head and are small enough to just look like a greebly on my home made freighters.


Here are my freighters on flight stands. They do the job. I am actually quite pleased with myself and how this turned out.


These magnets are like 1mm x 3mm I think. Maybe 4mm. They are tiny but strong. I bought 25 on eBay for a few quid.


Excuse the poor focus but I wanted to highlight that the flight stand is literally just a nail, nailed into a 3mm MDF base. I will paint them black at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment