Wednesday 15 September 2021

Hills with Expandable Foam

 Morning all. I had a failed experiment with expandable foam hills a while back. I tried again over this summer and here is the only so far finished hill. 


In general I am happy with it. It looks pretty good. I shaved off most of the exterior edges and covered it with sand. Then painted brown, dry brushed light, then flocked. However, issues arise in other images. 


Underneath you can see where there is no sand. It looks quite smooth. I don't think that is a huge problem though. But it does look a little funky. 

I don't like that it doesn't sit flush on the table either. My other, unfinished hills have been chopped across the middle and hopefully sit more flat. I might add a small base to each hill. But that might be more effort than it is worth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment