Saturday 16 July 2022

Rebased infantry and some building blocks.

After a month of inactivity I managed to get something done. I rebased these infantry figures, making them smaller and definitely magnetic. Here they are taking up defensive positions to stop looting.


 I have a box of wooden building blocks that have been sat around for a few years. Today I finally had a stroke of inspiration that I could use them as modular buildings. I figure if I paint windows on all four sides, put a door on two of them, and leave the tops blank, then I can have some seriously modular buildings. The round ones can be mostly glass. The long, thin ones can also make for useful buildings. If I lay them flat and stack them, then I have a high rise. If I stand them up on edge, they can be used to create the illusion of a closed in area. Sort of creating the edge of a computer game level if you see.



 

2 comments:

  1. I really like your mini 5 Parsecs crew. What model range do you use? I started up my own 5 Parsecs crew a while back at 15mm and quickly got diverted into painting up a whole bunch of 6mm minis for The Doomed. I was thinking I'd like to get a 6mm 5 Parsecs crew going, but it's hard to find good minis for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a large range of figures for my 6mm sci fi wargaming. For 5 Parsecs I use various factions from Ground Zero Games, Brigade Models, CinC, Khurasan. For me you can get pretty much anything you want from these manufacturers, although for a while CinC looked like it was shutting down but I have been since informed there are places you can get hold of them. You can basically paint up various gangs and factions with them.

      Another massive help for 5 Parsecs if CP Models. They have a range of 6mm miniatures that were created and sold to them by Angel Barracks. There are two factions and a bunch of civilian figures. There is also a set of 50 unique characters (all loosely based on various intellectual properties) My crew are a variety of those figures.

      I had interest in starting a small 15mm Sci Fi project until I discovered the joys of 6mm. Never looked back.

      Delete