Tuesday 23 April 2024

Camo vs. generic nation colours in 6mm.

 This blog contains images I took from google searching. I don't own these images.

Reflecting on my choice to not give my WW2 German support vehicles any camoflauge I had the thought about how it looks a bit like the old game Sudden Strike 2, which was a game I sank a lot of hours into but gave up on when it got too hard.

Below you can see the Russian forces. They are all this bright green colour, so you can spot them in the green of the grass. There is no variation.


Below you can see the late war Comet fighting what must be a late war Tiger...that is grey. I remember finding it a little jarring seeing all German units as grey, infantry included, but it worked for the game's internal consistency. The British forces all had this vaguely desert colour as their journey started in Africa.


From the distance the player is playing, the generic colours really helped identify which unit belonged to which faction. I can live with that in 6mm - although do take issue with all German being grey. 

My USA, British and Soviet forces - the vehicles will all be a generic green, infantry will be painted as accurately as I can. Germans - early war grey, later war midstone with camo if I can make it look non awful.


No comments:

Post a Comment