Friday 19 July 2024

Activities Day 2024 - WW2 homebrew rules.

 Well, it is official. My simple to read and understand, homebrew rules are dreadful. I will have to revisit them ready for next year. They provided a quick game, but it ended up boiling down to one German shooting it out with one Brit, with the German being the last man standing. The whole thing was kind of lame and the rules made no sense. We adapted them as we played. 

I want some kind of objective system in place I think. I feel like I want morale. I also think I want to have it divided into fire teams or something. 



I also forgot to bring my roads. I will have to look for them. Most of my 20mm terrain is boxed away, hidden though. 



My rules reward pouring fire onto one individual figure or gun team. New round, any hit markers are removed so you start again. I will see what I can come up with. Maybe you remove one hit marker at the end of the round. Also, NCOs/officers have literally no impact on the game other than having an SMG which has more firing dice at close range.



Target in cover? Remove one firing die from the firer. That was pretty okay. No impact on saving rolls though. Part way through the game we decided that if you are caught in the open then you have one saving die removed, that started people dying quicker and made us hug cover more. 



I forgot to bring my MG34 team who were already set up. That was kind of lame. The rules with MG teams meant they were hard to work with. I will rework them.


The last man standing. A pyrrhic German victory...

In reality I will put these rules away, then get them out in a year's time and forget every change we made!


No comments:

Post a Comment