Sunday 20 October 2024

Soviet Squad painting trial

 I have been experimenting with a more production line-esque method of painting miniatures. I want to make them simple to paint, and I want them to pop. 

For these soviets, and I am happy with this I did the following:

Primed grey
Painted flesh - very messy
Painted Russian Uniform Green (my other soviets are brown, so this lot stand out).
Painted their guns black
Washed with Agrax Earthshade
Painted their helmets Russian Green
Painted their bayonets Runefang Steel

Painted their bases a yellowish craft paint, stuck them onto coins, flocked the entire coin.

I like how they have turned out. I think I am going to go with fully flocked bases from now on.

I have not highlighted them in any way. I am tempted to get a very light sand coloured dry brush on them. 


I have also painted some Brits and am part way through a whole bunch of US infantry. I will give more details later on these. I am not sure I am happy with how I have done the US guys though. I have a bunch of Germans to paint and think they will be even easier - flesh, Feldgrau, black guns, wash, boots, hats, bags (sand colour).

No comments:

Post a Comment