At the moment I have a few projects that I am working on.
I finally took the plunge and bought some Army Painter Quickshade. Visible below are my experiments. I am currently testing it on a handful of old soldiers that I painted over ten years ago. I am almost too embarrassed to show them, but the Quickshade seems to look pretty decent on them. In conjunction with them, I have a box of Airfix Japanese soldiers that I am starting to paint. I am not sure about some of the colours though, and am fixing them to bottle caps to work with. I only have six bottle caps right now, so it will be slow progress. Also visible is my disastrous Wills barn kit. That needs to be ripped apart and put together again. A Willy's Jeep that needs to be painted, my 2 pdr and 6 pdr that need to be dirtied up, and the Germans that come with the Airfix Reconnaissance set. The vehicles for that set are drying in the corner and will be dirtied up soon too.
At the same time, as my experiments are proving successful, I will probably paint up all those white metal Wehrmacht figures I picked up in Reading, as well as the British Infantry. We will see how quickly I can get these guys all ready to be used.
In the above photo, you can see that I have been trying out some terrain building. Hedgerows to be precise. I have some photos, and when I feel the hedges look good enough, I will post a tutorial about how I made them. I also have a Sherman Firefly in the process of being build, and a Puma armoured car (the first model I ever built) that desperately needed some TLC.
A flurry of posts will come in the next few days, I am sure, when all the various projects are completed.