Tuesday 22 February 2022

Cheap junk buildings.

 So as part of building sci fi buildings, I am always on the lookout for cheap things to use. Here is something I have come up with.


I don't know what these are. I bought a bag of them from B&Q. At the top you have the thing that looks like a complete building. The bottom are ones that look like they could be a gate in a wall or something. Also visible are the flat bits that can clip into the underside of the gate type thing.



Above are a couple that I have covered. One is green stuff, one is wall filler. I have scored them in an attempt to make very basic, jungle, Vietnam, Pacific island sort of dwellings. They have been sitting unfinished like this for ages. I feel like with a little paint, they might be successful.



Here I have clipped the flat bit into two of them, then stuck them together. I covered the gaps with paper and am happy with how this looks. To be painted soon.



Here I have simply painted and dry-brushed them. They are serviceable. 


Top centre you can see three of them. I filled the holes, and stuck a chimney in them. I like them. These just seem to be simple, effective methods of creating buildings. I wish I could tell you what they actually are, but there were 100% a "oh this looks like it could be a house" then toss into the trolley situation at B&Q. 
I hope you are inspired.


No comments:

Post a Comment